- 3rd Dan Okinawan Shuri-Ryu Karate-Do
My interest in Martial Arts began when I saw the movie…dare I say it…Karate Kid. Many years later I ran into a friend that had begun training and invited me to come observe a class. I watched an advanced adult Self-Defense Karate class and that was all it took, I signed up that night. I remember thinking to myself, “Wow, I don’t know if I can do that stuff but I really want to try!” It was also at FKC that I met my husband Tony Romeo, and now our 8 year old daughter trains too; a family that kicks together sticks together.
I have always enjoyed teaching whether it’s golf, karate, or personal training; helping others to learn what I have learned and seeing them progress is very gratifying. I try to challenge those I train, keeping them enthused and looking for more. I would encourage everyone regardless of age, size, or strength to take at least a couple years of Martial Arts. I have learned a lot about challenging myself, setting goals and achieving them. Over the past fourteen years I’ve met some incredible people and look forward to meeting more.
- Started training in Naples, FL at the Florida Karate Center in ’97-rank Sankyu
- Began training at WCMAA in ’00 -rank Sandan
- Class A LPGA T&CP Division – Ladies Professional Golf Association Teaching & Club Pro Division
- TPI CGFI Level 2- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Fitness Instructor
- CPT –Certified Personal Trainer